Although email marketing has been around for such a long time, it is still one of the most effective marketing tools out there, even in the face of the numerous digital marketing channels available at our fingertips. What is important to remember with email direct marketing (eDM) is that they have the potential to be “free advertising” for maximum value, if implemented strategical, using the right tools.
Read on, to learn more about what email marketing is and how it can help to supercharge your marketing activities…!
What is email direct marketing or eDM?
An email marketing platform is a piece of software that allows businesses to send bulk emails to a list of subscribers. These platforms provide a whole bunch of tools to help businesses manage their email direct marketing campaigns, including managing your list, automating processes, designing emails, segmenting your audience, and analysing the data, among other things.
For example, you can whip up newsletters and promotional emails, set up automated email sequences, or trigger emails based on specific actions like when someone makes a purchase or signs up.
The analytics tools can help you track important metrics like open rates, click-through rates, and conversions, so you can see how your campaigns are performing and make adjustments as needed.
How to choose the right email marketing platform?
Choosing the right platform for your business comes down to a couple of key factors:
- Features: The features you need will depend on what you’re hoping to achieve with your email marketing. If you’re planning on doing a lot of A/B testing, you’ll need a platform that supports this. If you’re keen to send out automated sequences to establish a nurture funnel, you’ll need a platform that offers automation tools.
- Ease of Use: Depending on your comfort with technology, you might prefer a platform that’s a piece of cake to use and doesn’t require any coding or tech-savvy, also known as front facing or frontend software. Or, if you’re a bit more comfortable with tech, you might prefer a platform that gives you a bit more control and backend software style customisation options.
- Pricing: Email marketing platforms can vary widely in price and can offer tailored subscriptions. Some platforms charge a flat monthly fee, while others charge based on the number of subscribers or emails you send. You’ll need to consider your budget and how much you’re willing to invest in email marketing.
- Integration: It’s a good idea to choose a platform that integrates well with other tools and software you’re already using. For instance, if your website is on Shopify, you might want a platform that integrates seamlessly with Shopify. In a pinch there are third party software platforms like Zapier that offer universal integrations.
- Support: Look for a platform with solid customer support. This could be in the form of online resources, live chat, or a dedicated support team that you can give a bell to when you need a hand.
Some popular email marketing platforms that come to mind include Mailchimp, Active Campaign, Campaign Monitor, Klaviyo and also Hubspot, which is a top-notch platform that many businesses find extremely helpful.
I recommend doing a bit of research, reading reviews, and giving a few platforms a whirl to see which one suits you best. You can find relevant user video tutorials online that highlight the many inbuilt features available and their uses in real word applications.
Remember, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer here. The best platform for your business will depend on your specific needs, goals, and resources.
If you are needing assistance in setting up email marketing campaigns and designing dynamic branded emails, feel free to contact us at Ignite Search directly for a quote today.