If you’ve looked at expanding your business to online sales, chances are you’ve heard of Shopify. Be it from TV or YouTube Ads, or googling “How to Sell Online”, Shopify tends to be the platform people will suggest first. Designed from the ground up to help merchants build an eCommerce Store, they currently over three million businesses using their platform, but is it right for you?
When looking into the question of “Why Shopify?” you first need to ask what you are looking for.
Why Is Shopify Good?
|You don’t have to worry about server maintenance and costs, and they can even help you find the perfect domain and set up all your email addresses.
|Shopify is designed to help first timers expand their business to the online space. Thousands of apps make it so you can customise your site to your specific needs, while Shopify simplifies payment options for customers, letting you focus on your products, not paperwork.
|Design functionality and flexibility
|Choose a free template or upgrade to a paid option that fits your style. Can’t find one you like? There are also options to make your own!
|Shopify sites help you be SEO friendly out of the box, built to optimise page speed and help you implement standard best practices across the site.
|The Shopify team is always available to help you out with any issues you may come across.
|Suitable for stores of any size
|From bespoke handmade items to an inventory of thousands, their backend editor and system let you manage and scale your store.
How to get great results with your Shopify presence
- Don’t just jump on any trending bandwagon without a strategic plan. Take time to research and find a relevant niche with a large potential audience and fewer competitors. He who fails to plan is planning to fail!
- Take time to craft your value proposition. How are your physical goods, digital products, or services unique and how do they serve your target audiences? How do you differentiate your paid product from free alternatives that users can get from other sources? Also consider what human needs they meet – for security, variety, significance, connection, contribution, or growth.
- Invest in professional marketing help. An amateur-looking shop with poor usability does not instil confidence in you as a trusted brand and seller. Avoid poor graphic and UI/UX design, hard-to-read fonts, low-res images, spelling errors, poor language proficiency in content, slow loading pages, confusing navigation and content, unsecured payment systems etc.
- Be mobile friendly. More people than ever are accessing the Internet on their smartphones and tablets, so optimise your shop to work display and work smoothly for mobile devices.
- Leverage Shopify Apps at all stages of the buyer journey. For example, Smart SEO, Jebbit: Custom Product Quizzes, Convert Upsell & Cross Sell, Shopify Local Delivery, Loyalty Reward Points.
Where to from here?
The team at Ignite Search are Shopify Partners, ready to help guide you through the Shopify website design process from beginning to end. From helping automate store operations, optimising your SEO, writing engaging content, measuring shop performance to guide sales strategies, and ongoing digital advertising, the Ignite Search team has what you need! Contact us (+618) 9467 9883 or get a free quote today for more information.