SEO services in Melbourne
There’s a lot to search engine optimisation (that you may not even realise is related to SEO) which can increase your business performance for the long run..
Improve your Melbourne business by starting a conversation on SEO with us
In a competitive marketplace like Melbourne, you want an experienced digital marketing partner who looks out for your best interests, and provides effective advice, implementation, and support at all phases of your customers’ buyer journeys.
Designing an engaging user experience starts with stunning aesthetics but doesn’t end there. Guided by the goals for your Melbourne business and what we discover through collaborative strategy sessions, the SEO-friendly design we propose also considers website functionality and user experience.
When your website is ready for a revamp, we also want to help you retain all the hard-earned SEO value your old site has achieved after migrating to a new site. Our SEO migration services come with a checklist of touchpoints to ensure that your Melbourne business website’s SEO is protected during the migration.
SEO in Melbourne
Numerous businesses in Victoria have been hit hard by the global pandemic, but with creative innovation and determination, your Melbourne business can explore ways to defy the odds. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, how do you grab attention, and create clear pathways that attract more sales?
Some points to consider:
- Increasing numbers are adapting digital means to earn an income, develop resilience, express themselves creatively, and lead happy, meaningful lives.
- More people are now open to online ways to shop, be entertained, get information, make new connections, and more.
- Now more than ever, your business could make itself known through effective SEO to meet lots of human needs.
- There is a higher demand, too, for online support and connection, and local businesses can provide greater value to customers by ensuring that their website is optimised to provide more value.
Our SEO-savvy digital marketing team got your back. Let the whole of Australia and beyond be your oyster. Our experienced SEO agency can help your Melbourne business get found online, and connect with many more people who want and need your products and services, at all stages of the buyer journey.
SEO Services for businesses in Melbourne
We help you make your site more valuable and visible to search engines and people. That results in higher rankings on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs):
To add SEO value that search engines appreciate, we:
- Help search bots find (crawl) and categorise (index) your web content more easily, get your pages to load faster, and improve overall site performance.
- Set up relevant keywords, track them against competitor results, and suggest ongoing strategies to keep rankings high.
- Establish quality links from reputable sites, and prune any bad links.
- Publish fresh content regularly on your website and social media channels that people value at all stages of the buyer journey.
- Keep improving results by ensuring that the coding of metadata and microdata on your web pages and search results pleases search engine gods.
To add SEO value that people appreciate, we:
- Provide quality, meaningful content that matches what people seek at all stages of the buyer journey.
- Provide web pages that load fast, make it easy for users to find what they want, and design our sites to provide a fantastic user experience.
- Inspire more site visitors to notice, enjoy, and share your content.
Why choose Ignite Search’s SEO services for your Melbourne business?
- We have earned a reputation for providing SEO services that are effective for long-term visibility.
- A range of clients from different industries based in and out of Melbourne trust us to produce great SEO results and ROI. Some are listed below, or see more bite-size statistics on our LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram pages.
SEO results we achieve for clients
1,000+ Top 3 Google Rankings
The top five organic search results on Google’s Page 1 get two out of three click-throughs. We’ve helped many clients get there. This can generate more leads and sales conversions for your website.
Five-fold increase in web traffic
On average we have helped our clients increase traffic to their websites by 500+%. We help supercharge your online visibility and drive more people to discover your business offerings. To get you noticed, start conversations, gain trust, and win new customers.
High conversion rates
Industry research suggests that SEO conversion rates are more than 8 times higher than traditional print or direct mail channels. We have obtained substantial increases for our clients compared against their own metrics.
Why prioritise SEO for your Melbourne website?
Generate more leads and sales
To the potential customer, your business does not exist if they can find your competitors online but not your business. With effective SEO, you get the opportunity to get found by more people seeking solutions to problems that can be resolved by you.
Make better business decisions
An essential part of SEO is capturing data which can be used to provide insights into informed next steps to boost SEO results for your Melbourne-based website. We formulate recommendations to enhance your SEO visibility and rankings.
Long-term value and visibility
With SEO, you don’t need to pay each time someone clicks on your search result. Properly executed SEO helps improve your Melbourne business presence in search engines, and sustains it through various online activities, including algorithm updates, trends, and competitive movements.
SEO – both art and a science
SEO may seem like black magic to the uninitiated, but to us, it is both an art and a science.
- The science knows what to measure for what purpose, how to measure it, and how to analyse it.
- The art spots behavioural patterns in the data, interpreting what they mean, and applies insights to make decisions that improve business performance.
Data drives both the art and science of effective SEO. Our methods range from performing standard best practice to reverse engineering what already works to executing novel strategies.
Success Stories – SEO Melbourne and more
Client: Capital Physiotherapy
- About. Capital Physiotherapy was established in 2014 and operates three allied health clinics in South Yarra, Hawthorn, and Footscray. They take pride in high client contact and provide the community with a wide range of preventative and rehabilitative services for long term health and wellbeing.
- Results. 145% increase in SEO visibility (Was 22%); 311% increase in website traffic;
- Challenge. Ignite Search’s site audit revealed that several reasons were slowing down their page loading speed and ease of SEO indexing, leading to poor search rankings.
- SEO solution. We implemented several SEO best practices. For example, optimised for fast page loading (especially on mobiles), fixed text-to-HTML ratio, and optimised meta descriptions. We also fixed broken external links, pruned permanent redirects, removed orphaned pages, and ensured all links point correctly to their ‘https’ URL. To boost content value, we also implemented an extensive localised content marketing strategy closely linked with desired keywords.
The way forward with Melbourne SEO
Leverage 25+ years of SEO skills
Our team has clocked the proverbial 10,000 hours to attain SEO expertise so you don’t have to! Google has 200+ ranking factors in their search algorithm, and make several major changes every year. Leverage our SEO expertise to create tangible results.
SEO-savvy content and links
Despite Google’s constant changes in its search algorithm, two things remain important for great SEO results. Quality content and backlinks. We can help you improve both, and other services in the SEO value chain. That simplifies what you need to do to get great results.
Voice, video, and AI search trends
As a full-service SEO agency, we can assist with standard text search campaigns, as well as voice and video search strategies that are aligned with your business objectives. We have the capability to optimise SEO for Rankbrain, Google’s AI algorithm.
Frequently Asked SEO Questions
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation. SEO helps to match what people seek and what your business provides.
- Its purpose is to drive more visits to a website or webpage from people who are looking for specific things online by entering search terms through search engines.
- SEO results are considered organic or unpaid, unlike other digital marketing strategies where online visibility and findability are boosted through paid advertising.
- The world’s most popular search engine is Google, with 89% market share in the US and 94% market share in Australia. Other popular ones are Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, and Ask.com in the US, Baidu in China, Yandex in Russia, and DuckDuckGo which prides itself on not collecting user data to personalise search results.
In 2021, Google received an average of 3.5 billion search queries a day. Search results are typically web pages from websites, and could also be other types of online content where the queried search term is mentioned or tagged, like posts from social media channels such as YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. Google also allows its users to define the type of search (for images, videos, news, shopping, makes, books, flights, or finance), and provides a advanced search engine called Lens which is powered by artificial intelligence and can do many cool things that boost productive searching.
The more relevant your online content is to what people seek, the more likely it is to appear at the top of search engine result lists, and the more opportunities there are for people to click on your link to generate traffic to your online content. That gives them the opportunity to get to know and like you, and ideally buy the products or services you offer on your website.
Is it okay to have a business website without SEO?
Pouring time, talent, and money into creating a great business website, and not optimising it for search? That’s like building your flagship store in the middle of the desert, and not building roads to bring people there. ‘Build it and they will come’ doesn’t happen on the Internet. You could of course inform people of your store manually. Why would you stop there if there are digital tools that exponentially expand your potential reach? You must provide pathways and maps for lots of people to find your business easily, and SEO is a powerful way to do so.
Is there a minimum term for an SEO contract?
All our clients are happy to sign a 12-month contract, and often renew them when they see the results we bring. It takes time to build solid SEO foundations. We do not wave shiny promises at you to get quick results with black hat techniques. The risks of such dodgy practices include having to pay penalties and getting your site banned on search engines.
Can the best SEO company guarantee me results?
Great SEO companies know there is no guarantee, and search engine providers like Google themselves warn you that if anyone should guarantee you results, they are not to be trusted. Read more about the SEO guarantee myth here.
How long does SEO take to produce results?
This depends on a whole lot of factors within the Google search algorithm and outside it. In our experience with a variety of client profiles, we have obtained increases in search rankings and web traffic within weeks and months.
Who makes the content?
We’re flexible. You may like to supply the content, or let our professional digital strategist and copywriter recommend SEO content strategies and keywords. Then write content for you aligned with the agreed strategies.
How much does SEO cost?
In Australia, hourly SEO rates range from $125 to $250, and monthly fees for different levels of SEO range from $750 to $5,000 a month. Talk to us to see what your business really needs, and only do SEO that makes business sense at every stage of your business growth.
What should my ROI be on SEO spending?
One number cited is $2.75 for every $1 invested in SEO. This is practically meaningless to your particular business because there are countless factors that vary in every case. Start by working out two things:
- The percentage of marketing spend for your industry and company type. Marketing spend is usually between 10% to 25% of gross revenue, and considers your business profile (whether you are a start-up, growing, or established business with digital or non-digital products and services). Your business profile shapes your business-aligned marketing objectives, which could be as broad as ‘create awareness of my brand across Australia’ to ‘grow LinkedIn following by 50%’.
- The percentage of marketing spend to allocate to SEO. The SEO budget could be between 15% to 60%, again depending on your business profile and marketing objectives.
Do you have a project in mind that could benefit from SEO? Come and chat with us!
“I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you for your ongoing support, patience and assistance through this whole process. Your level of service has been outstanding, and pretty much set the bench mark for me in what really great customer service is – empathetic, useful, patient and highly knowledgeable. Thank you!”
View our client range
Ignite Search is honoured and delighted to contribute to the Success Journeys of many ambitious businesses like the ones below.
To discover more about what we achieve for our clients, please check out our Case Studies page.
We’re here to listen. Tell us your vision. Share the challenges you face. Together, let’s discover ideas and explore actionable plans to achieve your business goals. Let us be your ally—to open up new avenues of impact and success!
Get a free quote
Ask us how we can help your business succeed.